Sunday, November 18, 2007

Quitting the blardy job

Still working part-time at Wiliiam Lee Agency. One day boss Roger at USJ branch offered me RM 900 full time from Dec. Wah, we all know la its the peak season where form 5 students after SPM are eager to get drivers license. No thanks lah. What are the hours? Oh maybe 9.00 am till 6.00 p.m and on "transport" day from 7.00 a.m till 8.00 p.m.

I know how much my boss(es) get from this business dammit. Last Dec while fed up of graphic designing grabbed this job One week I fetch at least 40 students. Freakin rm 900 is peanuts. If I can do a gig at some hotels I can earn that money in few nights. I will really do it if:

- they compensated my rm 3400 paid for my semester
- pay increase to rm 1500 a month at least
- 15% of the company's profit goes to me.

Like its going to happen anyway =P

Better quit as soon as possible. Every Friday night I dread working next day and the thought of meeting Roger. I'm still pissed the fact I'm forced to follow them on a "company trip" to Cameron Highlands and missed first night of London Symphony Orchestra because Roger decided to stop Ipoh halfway home. Yeah I'm a white coffee freak but LSO comes once in a blue moon. Anyway when I graduate I can earn at least three times the freaking amount. Sem break is coming up and I'm planning a sort of "practice marathon" on a "solitary period". Here's my schedule:

7:30 a.m - Wake up, work out
8:00 a.m - Intimate time with White Coffee a.k.a breakfast =P
9:00 a.m - drive to college
9:30 a.m - Flute long tones
10:30 a.m - Stroll through some pieces or two
10.45 a.m - Scales and arpeggios
12.00 p.m++ - Lunch
1.00 p.m - Practice keyboard. Got to work on keyboard harmony man
1.30 p.m - flute workout. Usually pieces. Or maybe some tough exercises from "Trevor Wye Complete Exercises for Flute"
3.30 p.m - practice either keyboard or aural crap
4.30 p.m - Back to flute
7.00 p.m - sick of practice
8.00 pm ++ - after dinner, cello practice
10.00 p.m - Online. God knows wat time I sleep and hopefully don't wake up late for next day.

All until next January. Bliss! Hopefully when MPYO audition opens up I could join as a flautist, eh flutist (whatever). Asraf quitted weh, he said. Now got only three flute players in the orchestra.

I don't even know if I could follow that schedule. I hope to break Sviatoslav Richter's record of 9 hours practice. No wonder the man's a God.

Best pathway is by quitting the damn job A.S.A.P

No comments: